Friday, February 4, 2011

Gimme a Break

Before giving his resignation a few weeks ago, a co-worker clued me into the biking/walking trail which is behind my company's office park.  It's the Shoreline Trail and is a great break from sitting in front of a computer.  If inclined, you could walk this trail around the entire Bay. 


During certain times of the year, you can actually take the trail under highway 101.  The under highway trail is next to a creek, so I'm guessing that the water level is too high during certain times of the year.  Complete speculation on my part.  The under highway trail is currently closed.


The Shoreline trail head starts here.



The area just beyond the shrubbery provides some prime bird watching opportunities.  I've seen bird watchers and photographers out there several times, and the former co-worker mentioned that there are always bird watchers out there.


This is a close-up of the sign for the trail.



Even after reading the text, I was hoping there would be some interpretive flying by the birds.  No dice.  There were, however, these cool metal bird sculptures.


After I finish my current deadline, I'll explore a bit more.

1 comment:

  1. I am totally jealous of YOUR workplace for once! That is amazingly beautiful. How long would the walk around the entire bay be if one were so inclined? Great post!

    ReplyDelete